Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Much Needed Sunday at Church

I've mentioned a few times how sick I've been so far in this pregnancy. It's probably not a super legit reason, but it has kept me from church for the past six weeks or so. I have felt a lot better in the last week, so we made it to church this morning. I knew I was missing it, but I didn't know just how much until we walked into the door. My heart was so happy to be in a house of worship.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say "you don't have to go to church to be a Christian", almost exclusively from people who don't go to church. I'm not disagreeing with that statement, but I do feel like Christians need to feed our faith on a regular basis and be surrounded by other believers. I can attest to that because I felt a huge piece of me dwindling away over the last several weeks, but today I was restored. This is exactly why it is so important for Christians to go to church on a regular basis.

I found myself praying for Jesus to flood into my heart, to use me in whatever way was His will. The Holy Spirit is a miraculous things and can bring to strongest willed person to their knees and to be humbled by His grace.

So today I am so grateful to of felt well enough to of gotten there and to live in a country where I can openly share my faith and worship in a wonderful church.

7 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for the House of the Lord! What a wonderful way to worship! So happy you felt good enough to go. Hope the pregnancy is going better! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! There is nothing better than being in the House of the Lord & having your spirit, faith & entire being renewed and rejuvenated!

    So glad to hear that you are feeling better & were able to go to church today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your cup filled! I agree it's so important. Now with all the online services, a lot of people use that as an excuse not to actually GO. I think the live streaming services are wonderful... if you're sick, just had a baby or out of town... but not for laziness. There's something about getting up, getting ready, getting the kids ready and making it there on time that is in itself an act of Worship to the Lord. Like saying, "God, you're worth it"... and what happens is that HE fills US up!
    So happy you were able to feel well enough to go and get restored. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really relate to this post. I was very sick as well (as you know) and I missed church quite a few times in the first 5 months of my pregnancy. We are very faithful people, and go every. single. sunday. So... it was hard to be away. And I hear that same thing all of the time "you don't have to go to church"...and to an extent I think that's true - however I believe that there is something very important about being in the Lords house. It really does renew and strengthen our faith in ways that it can't be if we never step foot inside our place of worship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree. love this post. I know we live in the same area, where do you go to church? Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I am curious how you found me?

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved