Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Saturday, June 25, 2011

What Would it Be Like...

If we gave God full control over our lives? What if we didn't worry about a thing because we had enough faith to believe in every word He has told us?

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Would our lives be drastically different if we trusted the Lord with all of our heart? There would be very little stress, if any. We would pray about problems or future decisions instead of internalizing them and worrying ourselves sick about them. Our lives would be full of freedom and less of anxiety.

What if we gave God full control over our finances? Our society worries so much about having more and more money and objects. What if we consistently have God ten percent of what HE has given us in the first place and then gave even more when our hearts were pulled in that direction? Something tells me that we would have even more if we did this.

This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. I have given God a lot of control in my life, but have I given Him complete control? Not so much. My prayers lately have revolved greatly around this. I want to be so faithful that at times it might look neglectful to the naked eye. I would love to not worry or to try to control my life myself. I would love to get to the point where I give when I have nothing left to give.

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

1 comment:


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved