Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, June 27, 2011

I Am NOT a Quitter!

So, remember how last week I called myself a quitter? Well, I think I was wrong. I had an amazing week after I “quit”. I didn’t feel so much stress or pressure to race to the gym after work every day. Instead, three days after work, I headed to the park with my mom and Hunter and picked up at week 5 of the C25K program.

And guess what… I loved it! It felt so good to just get outside and RUN! (After I capitalized all the letters in “run” I realized it made me sound super fast, if that’s how you took it too, think again, I am not fast.) It was so refreshing to push myself, enjoy the outdoors, and get lost in my own thoughts. I am not a “runner” by any means, but for once, I am starting to understand why people love it! I used to think runners were just sick in the head, I mean really, who really likes to torture themselves like that?! I can see myself really getting into it.

I won’t lie; part of my motivation to keep it up is the Warrior Dash, which is only a few short weeks away. I realized that I need to stick to my program and not skip any runs if I want to be ready for it by July 17th! I can’t really say I am looking forward to it by any means, but hey, it’s getting my booty off the couch, right? The dread I am feeling is just due to me being a little scared to be surrounded by a bunch of fit “runners” who will all stop and laugh at me when I have to stop and walk for a few minutes. And then after they laugh, the loud speakers will come on and announce that they have a “walker” on the Warrior course. A bit dramatic? Yeah, yeah, I know! :)

2 comments:

  1. I did the Warrior Dash, and you'd be surprised at how many people walk it! It was so much fun and you sound like you are in really good shape so I think you will surprise yourself. It wasn't that hard. It was way more fun than hard. Don't stress...like I said, the majority of people walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you KNOW I will be walking before you!

    ReplyDelete


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).

Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.
There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved