Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, February 28, 2011

McFatty Monday

So, it’s another Monday, lovely. (Can you sense sarcasm?) I’m linking up again with The Heir to Blair for your Monday McFatty Monday post. Today she asked when it “clicked” that we needed and wanted to lose weight.

I was surprised that I knew exactly when it was when it “clicked” with me. It was the November after having Hunter, when I had taken Hunter to New Zealand to visit Jesse for two weeks while he was working over there for a month. I know that I was only 6 weeks postpartum, but I felt like a fatty. All of a sudden I went from feeling alright 6 weeks postpartum in fall clothes to feeling awful about myself at 6 weeks postpartum in summer clothes. At the end of each day, I would look at the pictures we had taken and hated the way I looked. There was a specific picture that Jesse took of me from behind pushing Hunter in his stroller and my ass looked huge, frumpy, and plain unbearable. As one of my best guy friends would say, my ass to thigh ratio is not good!

That’s when I knew it was time. I got back from New Zealand a week and a half before Jesse and started the Paleo diet. I dropped 10lbs in 10 days. I kept looking at that picture; it was my motivation to do something different. Once I lost those 10lbs, it came off slower, but I was determined to be the girl who had a baby and lost all her baby and then some! And guess what? I have!

As I was writing this, I got the guts to share the horribly motivating picture with you all. I called my husband, who is in Charleston, and asked him to see if he could possibly find the described picture on his laptop. He asked “Maybe you could find it from you NZ album on Facebook?” I just laughed, there was no way I would’ve put that picture up on Facebook! But he found the picture and e-mailed it over to me… so here we have a November 2009 (200ish lbs) vs. a February 2011 (161lbs) Stephanie!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Steph! That's the diet Kerry's been researching! You look absolutely wonderful.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great before & after pictures! So glad you are happy with what you've accomplished! That's what matters most!

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved