Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Friday, February 11, 2011

I Am Alive

I have been a pretty lazy blogger this week. The reason: I've been really busy! It has been somewhat of a hectic week at work, Jesse left for an 8 day trip on Monday night, and I starting OnRamp at Rainier CrossFit on Monday. I have also been making my relationship with God a priority. Instead of running straight to blogging or watching my TV shows, I've been spending some time in the Word, Parenting By the Book, Keep a Quiet Heart, or Love Languages. Wow, I've got quite the extensive list of books going right now!

Jesse is gone to North Carolina for a work trip until next Wednesday. It's always a bit hectic when he is gone, but we are holding up just fine. Jesse surprised me with a Valentine's Day gift that came in the mail yesterday. He had ordered it from Lululemon (one of my favorite places to shop!), it was 6 pairs of socks and a new workout tank top. It was super thoughtful of him especially because I started CrossFit this week and all girls love to have cute clothes to wear to the gym, right?

CrossFit is going really great. It's hard, but in a good way. On Monday we worked on squats, sit ups, push ups and pull-ups. The workout was called Baseline which involved a 400 meter run, 40 air squats, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups, and 10 pull ups. No, I cannot do pull ups (yet!) so some of us used gymnastic type rings to sort of do assisted pull ups. On Wednesday, we worked on dip presses and dead lifts. The main workout involved doing 10 medicine ball dead lifts and 10 dip presses as many reps as possible in 8 minutes. So far so good! Can't wait to go back tonight.

I've been doing a great job with my eating this week and have almost successfully lost all the weight I put back on last week. Woo-hoo!

So yes, I am alive, but just keeping busy with all the other things going on in my life right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved