Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Turkey: Part 1

So, I am finally getting around to getting back to the blogging world. Let me just start by saying that I had an amazing time in Turkey. It was wonderful to have a week of alone time with Jesse after being away from him for over three months! My time there was a perfect blend of activities, relaxation, sunshine and food. Can't beat that, right?!

I finally got to Adana, Turkey two Saturday's ago. Jesse was waiting for me at the Adana airport. I loved feeling his arms around me, it had just been way to long! And very typically, Jesse tried to get overly affectionate at the airport, while I bashfully tried to keep him under control! (It's a PDA thing for me, I don't mind hugs and a quick kiss, but come on... no tongue ;), right?!?!) Save it for the hotel! Haha. Sorry, Jesse, just telling the whole story. ;P Love you!

We took the taxi back to the "alley" which is the shopping/restaurant area right off the air base. Jesse took me to the a restaurant to show me some local cuisine. Jesse had the Chicken Tava and I ordered the Adana Kebab. It was delicious!

The service at restaurants is unlike anywhere I have ever been to, they are so attentive! They knew Jesse from him going to lunch there a few times over the last months and treated him like he was an old friend who had been coming there for years and years. It was great.

Then he headed over to a "disco club" where a bunch of the people from Jesse's squadron were celebrating something or other. Once we were headed back, I asked Jesse if there was a hookah place nearby. Smoking a hookah is something from a lifetime ago for me. I'm sure the people who have only known me for the last few years are thinking, really?! Stephanie likes to smoke the hookah?! Well, actually, I do very much enjoy a hookah, once every few years. It brings back fond and foolish memories from college.

So here ya have it...

Stephanie being the craziest she has been in the last year. Such a rebel ;)

It was getting late, so we enjoyed a long walk back to the Jesse's room. It was nice to walk with Jesse in the dark and just be able to talk and enjoy each other's company.

The next day, we slept in until about noon... another thing I NEVER do! And it was ah-mazing!! We walked to the BX so I could get a swimsuit, because at that point I still was without my luggage, and I was really needing some pool time. And let me tell you, after this horrible summer in Seattle, the 95 degree heat, while laying next to a fabulous pool was glorious!!

Later in the evening, we went to the bowling alley and played two games and ate some yummy burgers.

It was a low key day for us, but it was just what we needed... :)


  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time... it must have been so nice to be with the hubby after such a loooong time. Also, you're rocking that hookah!

  2. !!! Who is that guy in that picture with you?! Does Jesse know about this? ;) --- I know how much you like when I send winky's to you ;););)

  3. I can only imagine how fabulous it was to feel the heat!!! I'm jealous as it's been getting sunny at like 4pm in Seattle, blah!


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).

Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved