Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, August 22, 2011

Nail Polish 1, Doyle House 0

Where do I even begin? I'll get straight to the point, Hunter got into a bottle of my bright pink nail polish. It was sitting on my nightstand and I was folding clothes at the foot of the bed. Somehow, Hunter managed to get the bottle open and poor the whole thing onto himself and the carpet.

I heard him say "uh oh", so I turned around to find a little boy covered in nail polish and a few lovely splatters all over the carpet as well. I exclaimed, "Hunter!" he looked at me with the saddest eyes and quietly said "Hunter naughty". My heart broke. "Sawwy mommy". Broke again.

I got him scooped up and carried him into to the bathtub. I decided to have him in the bath while I took paper towels soaked in nail polish remover to scrub it off of him, that way I was able to rinse the remover off immediately with water. I was worried it would be too harsh on his skin.

Well, I got it off his body after about 10 minutes of scrubbing. Unfortunately, after an hour of scrubbing the carpet, no such luck. :( Oh well, that's life, right?




1 comment:

  1. My daughter dropped red polish on our tile floor, bottle broke, then she tried to use towels to clean it up. Oh man. Nail polish + kids = no bueno. Sorry about your carpet. Could you maybe clip out some of it?

    ReplyDelete


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).

Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.
There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved