Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Friday, March 18, 2011

Take it to the Lord.

Between last weeks sermon about using our words as blessings to others and this week's chapter in my weekly devotional about God being so faithful and forgiving, the idea of taking everything to the Lord first, has come to me.

Our God is stronger than our family and friends. He can handle our negative and mean thoughts a 100% better than they can. God does not expect us to be perfect and I do think it's very normal to have angry and bitter feelings at times. I pray that I learn to take these thoughts to the Lord instead of lashing out at my husband, venting with a co-worker, or growing impatient with friends. God is not worn down by these things like our family and friends are.

If I can do this more often, I think my personal relationship with God will grow and also my relationship with others, especially my husband, will grow as well. It is silly, but when I go to God, it is usually to praise him or to ask for help when I have a need or someone else is hurting or going through a rough time. I rarely go to him because I am mad or frustrated with the daily things in life. I take it out on my husband or I vent to other people close to me. The words I speak to them at those times, are not blessings, they are negative and drag them down in the process.

Some of our thoughts are not meant to be said aloud. I am ashamed that I let one of these thoughts out of my mouth a couple weekends ago when having a disagreement with Jesse. It hurt him, it hurt me, and there was no good that came out of it. I should have taken it to the Lord, and only Him. God is strong enough to be my very best friend regardless how much I pour out to Him and how incredibly selfish and sinful my thoughts can be at times. He loves me anyways and will lead me in the right direction. He knows my heart and will not take offense or misunderstand my meaning or intentions.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. James 1:5

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and became a follower! :) Love your blog! Erin

    www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie: I really like your way of following religion. It's natural, not forced like some people I have witnessed trough out my life. You truley do things that you know in your heart that is right and what God wants from you. I can just tell you have good intentions from what you take away from the services you attend. For me, some people are just over the top and get so consumed in religion they forget to focus on others, rather they focus on themselves. I hope that made some sort of sense for it's hard to explain. - Tera

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved