Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Heart Ached

Hunter spent the night with my parents last night because I had something going on a church in Tacoma. I knew I was going to go for a run down on the waterfront afterwards, so since I was enjoying some lovely alone time, I took the long way to the water.

I drove down 6th avenue and something happened that I wasn't expecting... my heart started aching, I truly missed living in that area.

Right after college, a friend and I got an apartment right in the heart of the 6th avenue district. It was right behind a doggy day care and a tattoo shop. Right across the street was Chopstix (piano bar) and Shakabra (the coolest hippie coffee cafe). Within a block is a martini bar, a great Indian restaurant, Starbucks, a jazz club, and of course of liquor store.

I had such a wonderful time being able to walk out my front door and being able to walk to 10 fabulous restaurants or coffee shops. Or just take a walk and look at all the beautiful old houses.

Last night, it felt like my heart was mourning the loss of living IN town and now in a development that is a 5 minute drive from a McDonald's. I would love to live in an old craftsman house in the heart of a town again.

But sadly, Jesse does not agree. He wants to live in the boonies one day and have his very own pond with ducks and geese. Boo! Maybe one day....

2 comments:

  1. I know I just got to ride your coat-tails on that awesome apartment, but I think it was my favorite of all time too! I'm moving to the boonies in July, so we'll have to catch up about our duck and geese buddies. -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were house shopping a couple of years ago, my husband wanted to move out of the 'burbs and take the extra few minutes to drive down some winding country roads to a house that had some land... I had to object and say maybe later. But honestly, I don't think that kind of life is for me either.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved