Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm in a Funk

Remember when I wrote a few weeks ago how great I was doing with this deployment? Well, not so much anymore. I just haven't felt myself the last couple weeks.I've had some anxiety, haven't felt like leaving the house, and just feeling lonely overall.

When preparing for this deployment I expected the biggest challenge would come from being overwhelmed with working full time and taking care of Hunter, the dog, and the house on my own. I was wrong. I don't feel stressed or worn out, mostly just missing my hubby. I also thought that I would rely on my family and friends more for support and companionship. For some reason it's been quite the opposite. I have not hardly made an effort to see anyone. I am most content at home with Hunter.

This is just so unlike me. I very rarely have a day when we don't get out of the house, meet up with friends, and do fun activities. I literally have to force myself to do these things now. I'm not having negative thoughts and not feeling angry, just alone and unmotivated. But... I think I'm on the comeback. :) I've actually gone to Crossfit two nights in a row after work. And I'm looking forward to spending Friday at the zoo with my sister and her kiddos and having Jesse's mom in town from Washington D.C. For the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, I've been in a funk lately, and was going to call you to blab about it, but i was embarrassed, I guess I should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are freakishly normal :)
    - Tera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Only a few months to go! I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved