Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, May 23, 2011

Long Journey.

It has been nearly a year and a half since I started my weight loss journey while 2 months postpartum. It's been slow and steady the entire time. I weighed in at 158.4 pounds yesterday, a new low. I am 1.4 pounds away from being 30 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. I feel good.

In high school, I struggled with an eating disorder. While it's been 9 years since then,but it takes much longer to bury the entire mindset. I've talked to others who have gone through the same struggles and they have agreed that once you've gone through that, your mentality regarding food and weight is jaded.

For the first time, I feel healed. I have a healthy relationship with both food and my body image. Of course I still see my imperfections, and while I don't love them, I tolerate them, and continue to work out and eat well to change them.

I'm having a hard time finding a goal weight. Some days I feel like I am at it, sometimes I tell myself I will stop at 155, but sometimes the challenge of seeing 150 on the scale excites me. The change in me though, is that I am not consumed by it. I know will get or stay at my goal weight when I'm ready. Just by eating healthy foods or maybe. Some unhealthy foods in moderation and exercise, I continue to lose about a pound per month. That tells me that my body has more wight to lose. When it stops, it will stop, and I will be content. :)


So, a question for you all... At what point do I get rid of my clothes that are too big? I have an entire closet of size 10 and 12 clothes that hang on me. I get nervous about getting rid of them. What if I gain the weight back? Should I just store them away or do I take the leap and say goodbye to being that size forever?

3 comments:

  1. well, i say, clothes are expensive... so store them for 1 year. If after a year you still haven't used them, then donate. But don't let that stop you from buying new, nicer fitting things now! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the same problem with clothes that are too big. I've lost 20 pounds over the last 2.5 months, so none of my clothes are fitting right. BUT, I know I'm going to get pregnant again (or at least I hope), and I don't want to have to buy more clothes.

    What I'm doing? Storing a few of my favorite items (a couple pairs of jeans, a few tops and a couple dresses) in the bigger sizes with my maternity clothes. I'm hoping that is the only time I might need them. That way if for some reason I gain some weight back, I don't have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, but I also don't have a huge pile of clothes that don't fit just in case.

    Congrats on being in a 'happy place' with your body image and take on food. I'm hoping I can get there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nicole - store them for a year. I think it's great you've been able to make such great progress - physically and mentally. Weight loss is such a complex issue and it's so hard to focus on the healthy aspect of it when the numbers on the scale are staring us in the face.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved