Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, November 8, 2010

Longest Day Ever!

Jesse flew out to Minnesota the week before Halloween to help his parents move and do some hunting. So, at the last minute, I agreed to bring Hunter out for the last four days of Jesse’s stay out there. We had a really good trip, but Wednesday turned out to be a horribly hard and stressful day for me. So let’s talk about Wednesday and the early hours of Thursday.

I woke up at 4am to get everything packed and ready to go for our trip. I was folding laundry, packing clothes, doing dishes, getting ready for work, etc. I know you are probably thinking, “Why didn’t you just do this all the night before?” Well, unfortunately I don’t really work that way. I did get a lot of stuff done the night before, but I am WORTHLESS after 8pm for the most part. I am not a night person, I would much rather wake up early than to stay up late. So, that’s what I did.
I got out the door with Hunter ready to go and all our bags packed by 6:15am. Got to work and had somewhat of a stressful day. I left work a little early because I had an appointment with a lady to alter about a dozen pair of my dress pants because they are now too big.

I then left Hunter with my parents so I could head over to tryouts for the club volleyball team that I co-direct. We didn’t end up having as good of a turnout as we had hoped for, which got me bummed out. I was at the gym from about 6-9pm. I got back to my parents house, rearranged some things in my bag and then my mom took us to the airport. We got all checked in and got to the terminal at around 11pm. Hunter proceeded to run around, touch everyone’s luggage, steal another little boy’s blanket and eat his goldfish, etc. He was non-stop! We finally boarded the plane around 12:30am and he didn’t like that he couldn’t walk around. He cried and screamed until 2am and then finally passed out on my lap.

I was so thankful that Jesse was at the baggage claim waiting for us, after a 24+ hour day I was completely exhausted. But… we made it and had a great trip. So in the end, it was all worth it.

I'll be posting some pictures from our trip soon!


  1. You are brave for flying with a baby/toddler alone! Glad you survived and had fun.

  2. Thanks for the follow! You have a beautiful family!

    I'm following back :)



Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).

Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved