Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nativity Scene



This is the beautiful Willow Tree Nativity Scene that my mom surprised me with last Christmas. I was so excited and love it so much that I need to make a confession. Whispers I leave it up all year. We keep in on the top of a tall bookshelf in our living area. I only turn the spot lights on it during the holiday season though.

Hunter has taken an extreme liking to it in the last couple weeks. Most days after after a long day at work, we get home, and Hunter starts pointing up to it. So, I scoop him up and bring him to eye level with the beautiful scene. He knows that he can't hold the characters, but I take them out individually and he touches them gently. When I take them out one by one I tell him the name of it and also try to think of a fun story or facts about them.

I would love to say that all his interest lies in the little Baby Jesus, but that would not be the truth. He is obsessed with the sheep. Every time I pick up a new object he just point and says "seep, seep" (Translation: "Sheep, Sheep") Every once in awhile he will even throw in a "Baa, Baa".

Anyways, I have heard that for small children, one of the earliest ways for them to understand Jesus, Joseph, and Mary is through a nativity scene. For that reason, I am so happy to leave the scene out all year so that hopefully he will continue to show interest and one day understand the importance of our Savior, Baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).

Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.
There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved