Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I have had Jesus on my mind all day and what His birth meant for us sinners. What an incredible thing to celebrate and be mindful of! I have never felt so blessed in my entire life. God has been so wonderful to our family and we are so thankful for everything we have including each other, our families, our friends, our health, and so much more! Thank you, Jesus! :)

Hunter and I had a wonderful day. Hunter slept in until about 8am. His room was dark so I crawled into his room until I was right at his crib. And whispered "Merry Christmas, baby Hunter!" He was a bit startled but soon had a huge grin on his face. Yes, I understand that I sound like a creepy mom... but Hunter and I love to play the sneak up game! So yeah, he doesn't think I'm crazy!

We went downstairs where Hunter's stocking was waiting! It took him a minute to understand that there were presents in the stocking for him, but he soon had so much fun pulling everything out!














We then had breakfast and got ready to head to my parent's house. We hung out there for awhile with my parents and a few hours later the entire family showed up. We now have 18 people at family gatherings! Jesse was the only one missing today.

We ate lots of good food, including: prime rib, macaroni and cheese, salad, and jello salad. We then opened gifts. There are 5 of us siblings and for the second year we decided to just exchange gifts for the kids. It is so fun to see the six kids opening up their presents and the excitement in their eyes! We had some yummy dessert that I had made: chocolate glazed almond cheesecake and a peppermint fudge pie.

Us siblings decided to do a funny white elephant gift exchange this year for the first time. I ended up with a mini pink Christmas tree that was made complete with matching pink ornaments. Oh goody! (I set it up in my mom's bathroom before I left as a funny.)




















My parents got me some amazing gifts! I got the Timbuk2 DSLR camera bag, countdown until daddy comes home blocks from etsy, and also the Creme de Colarado Cookbook! I love them all! :)

It was a fabulous day spend with tons of people that I love so much. I wish Jesse could have been there to share it with us, but we made light of the situation and had an amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. glad you guys had a wonderful christmas! i love that you snuck up on him to surprise him... that's so cute.

    ReplyDelete


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved