Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Monday, September 13, 2010

Taking up Indian Cooking

I have decided to take up Indian cooking! Jesse and I both love Indian food, but don't get to have it much. After watching Aarti win on The Next Food Network Star, I got inspired.

I was super motivated to start last weekend.... and then realized that I don't have any of the spices needed to make Indian cuisine. So.... I got on the internet today and ordered all the things I need to get started:

Whole Star Anise
Garam Masala
Smoked Paprika
Coriander Seeds
Ground Tumeric
Black Cardamom Pods
Green Cardamom Pods
Fenugreek Seeds
Fennel Powder
Fennel Seeds
Ground Brown Mustard Seed
Ground Coriander

I got all this stuff on www.myspicesage.com They had really good deals and it ended up being much less expensive then searching for this stuff in a store.

Anyone have experience with using these spices?

Hopefully soon I will be making dishes like this:

1 comment:

  1. Love Indian food. Hopefully you will find some great recipes. Looks like Hunter has a birthday coming up. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).

Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.
There was an error in this gadget

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved