Home       About Me       About Us       Recipes       Contact

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Busy, Busy week... but a great one!

This week has gone by so fast and was full of so many great things. Let's start at Monday...

Monday was a normal day, but Hunter went to bed in time for me to watch 3 full hours of the Bachelorette Finale! I'm such a geek, but I'm hooked on this show. I was happy with her choosing Roberto. Chris was a super nice guy, but I just didn't see them working out long term. (I know, I know, nearly none of them end up working out.)

On Tuesday, Hunter had his first day of swim lessons. He was great and loved the water. The leader mostly sang songs and had us float them around the water and dunk them under the water once.

Wednesday, Hunter took his first steps while I was at my parent's house for lunch! Yay, Hunter! The day took a turn for craziness once I left work... I was on my way home and I got a call from our new tenant saying that the dishwasher was leaking all over the floor. Mind you, this type of thing only happens when Jesse is out of town. What in the heck do I know about dishwashers?! Not a thing, so I called Sears, waited on hold for 20 minutes, made a repair appointment, all while trying to do some grocery shopping with Hunter. I finally finished shopping and got home and got straight to making cupcakes. My boss asked me to make some cupcakes for a baby shower she was throwing for her neighbor. So I whipped up some red velvet with cream cheese frosting and some yellow buttermilk with fluffy vanilla frosting. I finally got to bed at about 11, only to be woken by people in the neighborhood screaming at each other... gotta love summer because everyone leaves their windows open to have their arguments heard by all. Finally went back to bed at midnight, but then Hunter woke up at 1am and wanted to play until 3am, then my alarm went off at 4:45am. Ick!

On Thursday, I could barely get out of bed. I decided to jump on the scale only to discover that I'm 10 lbs. under my pre-pregnancy weight! Jesse got home from a 2 week trip and surprised up at my work and we took Hunter to his second swim lesson together, after walking around the North Bend Farmers Market.

Friday, we had to do some grocery shopping and then I went with Jesse to his Crossfit gym for a good workout. Cleaned the house.

Saturday, woke up early with Hunter and we went to the store. I made homemade carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Went to my Dad's family's get together at a cabin in North Bend. Cleaned the house and then Jesse's mom flew in from Minnesota late last night.

Finally today.... we woke up and went to Church, had lunch at Duke's on the Tacoma waterfront. And now I am finally taking a moment to myself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Pinterest Email


Jesse is active duty Air Force and is originally from southern Minnesota. He has also managed to become a follower of just about every hobby known to man (which drives his wife crazy!).



Henry was born on July 4, 2007. His hobbies include playing with his squeaker toys, barking a little girls, dock jumping, going to the dog park, and being spoiled rotten by his grandparents.

Follow on Bloglovin

Search This Blog


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved