It's been FOREVER since I paid any attention to this blog of mine. Thankfully I've been keeping up with all my favorite fellow bloggers on Instagram, but still. We've been pretty busy around here. Just a 1900 mile drive with the family and my dad to move from Washington to Oklahoma. And then there is settling in here, and doing that with two kiddos. No, we haven't been up to much. ;)
So yeah, I'm not ready to get into writing about all the real stuff, so how about I gradually get back into it with some fun fluff?
5 Fun Facts about Yours Truly!
...you will find in my purse.
Well, sadly these days my purse is a diaper bag, but that's alright.
1. My phone, don't leave home without it.
2. Car keys.
3. Wallet, I triple check this now that we're living on base...I don't want to get stuck off base without my ID and not be able to get home!
4. Checkbook/register. Yup, I'm the odd one who still carries these things everywhere. (I even balance my register to the penny.)
...you will find in my bedroom.
1. TV. Watching a tv show at night is a must for me to get my brain to turn off.
2. Pack n' play. Hudson still wakes up at least twice a night. So after the first time, I put him back down in our room.
3. Bible/books on my nightstand. I try to have quiet time in the mornings to do some reading. Right now I'm back to reading "Parenting by the Book" because Hunter is showing us some terrible 3 behavior lately.
4. Hair ties/bobby pins. Those are always sitting on my nightstand from me taking them out before bed.
5. Dirty clothes. I wish I could only blame this on Jesse, but there is almost always a couple things laying on the ground.
...I've always wanted to do.
1. Mostly travel. I for sure want to visit Thailand, Costa Rica, and Tahiti. And Egypt...but don't think that will happen unless things settle down in the Middle East.
2. See my kids love each other.
3. Go on a mission trip with Jesse.
4. Own my own business.
5. Live as long as possible and watch my kids/grandkids and hopefully great grandkids grow up.
...I'm currently loving.
1. Our Nespresso Pixie machine and electric milk frother. This is a must when living a HOUR from the nearest Starbucks.
2. Meal planning. We've only eaten out a couple times since moving in and I've been able to stick to weekly grocery shopping thanks to meal planning. This is a must with two kids!
3. Our new church. THE NICEST PEOPLE EVER! :) (Hi y'all!)
4. Slower pace of life. Hudson is seriously the happiest baby here. The key is to never leave the house with him. Ha! (I'm not kidding)
...Quirks I have.
1. When opening a container (like sour cream) the top plastic film has to be taken all the way off...none of this half flap business is happening in my fridge.
2. The kids cannot wear their heavy coats in the car seat. I know it's just a safety issue, but it drives me nuts and I can't stand to see kids wearing their coats in the car.
3. I'm pretty sure the boys are always better dressed than I am. I'm just funny about what they wear.
4. I count stairs as I climb them. (We have 9 and then 8 to our second floor.)
5. I have to balance the checkbook to the penny (see above).
Yup, so that's all I've got for today. But I'm back!!