Tuesday, March 30, 2010
He's been laughing for a couple months now, but he is now hysterically laughing. He especially thinks his big brother, Henry, is the funniest thing ever.
Just over the weekend, he also reached out for his Grandma Kim to be held! It was so exciting to see him display what/who he wanted. Our big boy is growing up so fast!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Jesse and I got up bright and early and had a yummy breakfast (Jesse's Egg Scramble with sausage and veggies). Then Jesse and I headed our separate ways. Jesse went to help our friends, Zack and Sarah, move from North Tacoma to their beautiful new house in Lacey. We are super excited for them!
Hunter and I went to my nephew, Jacob's, 5th Birthday party. We had a lot of fun. My sister and brother in law had rented a bouncy house for the kids. I sat in it with Hunter and he giggled the whole time :) It was so good to spend time with my family. It made be very excited for our entire family to go on vacation to Bend, OR this summer!
Later on in the night, my brother, Brandon and his girlfriend, Jenn came over to watch Hunter for the night and give Jesse and I some time to get away together. We took a walk on Alki beach in West Seattle and enjoyed the view of the Seattle skyline. It was beautiful! We ended up eating at Duke's Chowder House. It was so good for us to get away for a little while and just enjoy each other :)
Jesse took his boat out on Lake Tapps so I just hung out with Hunter and made some butternut squash in the babycook for Hunter. It turned out really well and Hunter loves it! If you are making your own baby food I highly recommend pureeing squash because it purees really smooth, is really healthy, and Hunter seemed to really like it. :)
I made some chicken with Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic sauce and squash for dinner and made marbled raspberry cheesecake cupcakes. They turned out really well and were pretty easy to put together. Hunter went to bed pretty early, so I made some drinks. I had bought lime flavored vodka and blended it with ice and limeade frozen concentrate, it tasted like a margarita. Yummy!
Yup, that was my day that was so full of my favorite things: workout, shopping, making baby food, cooking, baking, and margaritas!
I hope as Hunter gets a little older that he begins to have a longer memory because it sounds like Jesse is going to be flying a lot of the time.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Sunday morning, Hunter and I went to Church in Tacoma. It was a real good service and a conclusion to the "Demonic" series. There was a lot of talk about letting go of the strongholds in our lives and living for Jesus and eternity.
Sunday afternoon, Hunter and I went to Southcenter to do some shopping with my friend, Elise. We had a good time walking around the mall, Hunter was so good and hardly made a peep in the stroller. He just likes to look around and take everything in. I was a good girl and only bought a birthday gift for my nephew, Jacob, who turns 5 this week! And of course, you can't to to Southcenter without having lunch at the Cheesecake Factory ;)
I got home and made two batches of baby food (apples and green beans), put Hunter to sleep, laundry, cleaned up around the house, and talked to Jesse. I ended up having a small breakdown. Jesse has been gone for 23 out of the last 28 out days. I'm really feeling a bit overwhelmed with doing everything on my own. At times, I am so independent and feeling on top of the world because I can do it all. But at other times, I fall apart and begin to feel like it's just too much. I ended up not being able to fall asleep last night and was up until about 1am, only to be awoken by my alarm going off at 4:45am. Needless to say, the lack of sleep as made my day thus far a bit challenging. I'm looking forwarded to relaxing at my parent's house tonight with Hunter and my tv shows. :)
Friday, March 19, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Henry has really warmed up to his "little brother". For the first couple months of Hunter's life Henry was wondering what the heck was this little thing we brought home. Henry never showed any aggression, but he definitely stayed clear of the little creature that we referred to as his "little brother". Gradually, he has learned to really love Hunter. Whenever we say "give your little brother kisses" he goes right over to Hunter and licks him on the cheek and hands and now lays by him. Yesterday I let Henry get up on the couch with Hunter and lay with him. It was so cute, I love my boys :-)
Here is my little pirate after his big poo and second bath :-)
Friday, March 12, 2010
Today was the first day that I let a stranger watch Hunter. I went to the gym for my training session and signed up for the childcare there. I was a little nervous, but he did great! The lady was holding him on her hip while watching all the other older kids when I walked in, he looked very content.
Today was also the first day that Hunter sat in his highchair to eat. That went great, too! I should have been using it awhile ago, he was a pro. He ate some peas and pears and then hung out in the highchair while I made a big batch of baby food.
- Eats 6 5oz bottles per day
- Eats solids twice a day (apples,pears, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes)
- Beginning to sleep 10-11 hours straight at night
- No good nap schedule, some days he takes up to 3 naps, somedays only 1 half hour nap
- Sleeps in his crib, in his room, at night. (Not for naps)
- Wears mostly 6-9 month clothes
- Uses size 3 diapers
- He's trying to sit unsupported, not quite there yet
- Rolls back to front
- Starting to grab things on his own (pets animals, touches my face when feeding him, grabs things off the table, etc)
- Tries to get out of things if not strapped in (swing, carseat carrier)
- Weighs 18.8lbs, he is slowing down. He has gained about 2lbs a month until now, he was 18lbs even at 4 months.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
- 9th - we got our big fat positive pregnancy test! Woo-hoo! We were both so excited.
- We began thinking about our living situation. We were living in Lacey and I was commuting to Snoqualmie for work. We decided it just wouldn't work once Baby Doyle arrived.
- We put an offer on a condo in Pacific (near Auburn) and they accepted. We put the Lacey house up for rent and soon found some tenants.
- Jesse's parents came to visit from Minnesota for Easter. While they were here we went to our first doctor appointment and were able to hear Baby Doyle's heartbeat!
- We closed on the new place and moved into it by the end of month.
- We found out that Baby Doyle was a boy! Jesse was surprised.... but I already knew, mother's just tend to have a gut feeling.
- We left at the end of the month to go on vacation to St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands with our good friends Joe and Nicole Hawe. We had a blast!
- Jesse left at the beginning of the month for a 2 month deployment.
- I went to Minnesota to visit Jesse's family. Jesse's sisters, Racquel and Liz, threw a beautiful baby shower. It was so great to see Jesse's extended family.
- My grandfather, Marvin, passed away. The funeral was in Iowa, so my mom flew out to Minnesota at the end of my visit with the Doyle's and we drove down to Iowa. It was nice to see where my mom grew up and see so much about my family's history
- The ladies at work threw me a wonderful baby shower at our boss' house.
- I got the nursery completed with the help of my mom and good friend Meghan. I did a Minnesota Twins baseball theme, Jesse loves it!
- Jesse got home at the end of the month from his deployment.
- My mom and Colleen threw an amazing baby shower with all of my closest friends and family.
- Hunter Roger was born on the 8th after 13 hours of labor at Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, WA.
- Jesse's parents came out on the 12th to meet their grandson! We just hung around the house and got settled to having a new addition to our family.
- Hunter took his first airplane ride to Minnesota to meet the rest of Jesse's family. We surprised them with the visit, it was a fun 5 days.
- Jesse left on the 20th for Operation Deep Freeze in New Zealand and Antarctica for a month. I decided at the last minute to take Hunter and an adventure and visit Jesse in Christchurch, NZ. We left on the 23rd and stayed for 2 weeks. Hunter spent his first Thanksgiving in NZ, the resort had a special dinner for Jesse's crew and their families. It was an absolutely amazing trip!
- Our good friends, Ryan and Stephanie, welcomed their baby girl, Halle, into the world on the 14th. She's a beautful little girl and we are so excited for them!
- Jesse got home from NZ just in time to join in the Christmas festivities.
- Hunter spent his 1st Christmas with lots of family. We went to my parent's house on Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day and then with my Dad's family on the day after Christmas.
- I returned back to work full-time on the 28th.
- To ring in the New Year, Hunter slept through the night for the first time and has being doing so since! What a wonderful resolution.
- On the 23rd Hunter was dedicated at Life Center church in Tacoma. His godparents are Meghan Fagerberg and Joe and Nicole Hawe. We are so blessed to have so many family and friends come and support Hunter.
- Colleen, Hunter's Grantie (Grandma/Auntie), came down from Alaska for a visit.
- Jesse's Mom, Renee, came in the middle of the month to visit us. We had a wonderful time relaxing and spending some quality time together. She graciously offered to watch Hunter on Valentine's Day so Jesse and I could spend our first night out together since becoming parents.
- We took Hunter to the timeshare at Ocean Shores for the first time outside of my belly. Our friends Zack and Sarah and their son, Ben, joined us. We had a great time grilling out on the beach and enjoying the great weather!